Spirits, or ghosts, are the souls of once-living beings. Spirits usually do not manifest themselves in the living world, unless called upon by means of magic, but they may linger there for whatever reason, for example because of unfinished business. Both good and evil spirits exist. Once dead, a person's spirit usually resides in the spirit world. The Topaz of the Belt of Deltora has the power to bring the living into contact with the spirit world. The Ruby has the power to ward off evil spirits.
Tales of Deltora
The Forests of Silence
The Sister of the South
Rowan of Rin
Marlie mentioned spirits were abroad, but was quickly dismissed by Bronden, telling her that she was better off not listening to the Travellers' tales. Later, Jonn told Bronden that the spirits of the swamp had played a terrible trick on him, against his will.
Shadows of the Master
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rodda, Emily. The Forests of Silence. Scholastic Australia. 2000.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. The Lake of Tears. Scholastic Australia. 2001.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Tales of Deltora. Scholastic Australia. 2005.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Dragon's Nest. Scholastic Australia. 2004.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. The Sister of the South. Scholastic Australia. 2004.
- ↑ Rodda, Emily. Rowan of Rin. Scholastic Australia. 1993.